Playstation Vita is celebrating it's 3rd Birthday this month (I had mine for around ten months) and PSN is commemorating the event by giving a sale on Vita games.
Now, if you haven't read my previous posts about the vita then do so now. [LINK]
If you have, you understand my frustration on the games available on the Vita. The list of games for sale only strengthen my point that Vita is awesome, its just the games that are lacking.
Of the 26 games for sale, I counted half to be casual games or at least close enough that it can be considered casual games. On the other half, its either ports from PSP or minor titles. There are major titles, but most of this major titles are from endeavors that failed to make a profit or piqued the interest of buyer like the Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.
Is it a birthday-worthy sale? Of course not, I don't even think it's worth announcing in such a manner.
I wonder who decides these sale, I wonder what process goes into it. It looks like PSN is just trying to earn some money on the game's overall poor profit. Where's the celebration? Where's the sale on actual high earning games? Killzone: Mercenary has been popular download, I don't think I've seen it go on sale, the price has been the same since I've bought the Vita.
So to make it short: PSN sales are for forgotten titles, casual games, and flops. Popular title just won't cut it, even if it's a once a year deal. No wonder Vita is not getting some love it deserves.
[SOURCE]
No comments:
Post a Comment