I've always loved Trivia. The weirder, the better. One of my favorite shows as a child was Ripley's Believe It or Not!, both series hosted by Jack Palance and Dean Cain, though my preference is leaning more towards Palance.
I've joked before that my early childhood memories has been deleted to make room for the useless information, like a full memory hard drive. I don't remember much of my childhood, but sure, I can tell you off the bat what L.A.S.E.R means. (Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation, read it off a book when I wan in elementary school)
I also know that prior to the arrival of the Spaniards, Filipinos did not have a last name and that later after the Spaniards arrived, Filipinos were allowed a last name and were given a chance to actually choose one. Makes you wonder why some people has unpleasant family names, eh?
Anyways.. I feel that I need some trivia in my blood again, maybe get some new information flowing or re-read old bits so I downloaded two apps from the Play store: Trivia Crack and Quiz Up, both popular trivia related app.
But if you want to know if the two apps are OK, I couldn't tell you, It require Internet connection to actually make it work/run that after trying to use it when the WiFi was turned off and learning I couldn't, I uninstalled it without even bothering to see if it was OK to use.
What's the use of trying a trivia app that tethers you to a network? I understand why the YouTube or Facebook app needs constant connection to work, buQt I don't see the point in a Trivia app that can't work offline.
So that's that.
No comments:
Post a Comment