Sunday, February 22, 2015

Dexter Is Dead

The Winds of Winter will not be coming this year. That's a fact. Even GRRM said he will not be BSing the release. Once the novel is ready, he will be direct to the point.

Although massively disappointing. There's still something to be thankful for this year.

I find out that Jeff Lindsay will be releasing the final book of his dark-humoured Dexter series. Dexter is dead will be the last novel in the series.

Although I had to thank the TV show for discovering the series, I have to say that the show did the books little Justice. Another example of TV version being too "afraid" to show some dark scenes that gives depth to the story.

Dexter's Final Cut was a total cliffhanger that after reading it, I was worried that it might really be the final book, hence the name.

I am glad that Mr. Lindsay did not go for an open-ended ending. That give his fans some blood lust.

Anyway. Mark your calendars, folks. July 7 is the date where we find out what will become our murderous Dexter Morgan. Will the system catch up to him, or will he squirm his way out of a very sticky mess.

PS: Hhmm. I'll re-read the series in Mid-May to get reacquainted with Dex before the July release.

No comments:

Post a Comment