I've been playing Tomb Raider for 2-3 weeks now with a game time of 32 hours.
The overall ambiance is that of the TV show Lost. Crashed into a supposedly deserted Island, then you realize it's filled with murderous villains. Trapped by a mystical force, you are forced into an adventure where you meet the not so friendly residents of the island and solve its mysteries. Pretty much like Lost.
Considering how Lost went south in the end, I'm hoping Tomb Raider's would be at least satisfactory. Let's not pretend it might not end well for Lara Croft because, let's face it, its LARA FREAKIN' CROFT. She's a timeless leading character that fans have been trying to undress for almost twenty years. I would not be surprised if she lasts twenty more.
Tomb raider is a brutal game, particularly for Ms. Croft herself. More that once have I been sorry for Lara, being tossed around by nature and men like a human rag doll. The first ten minutes of the game made me feel like Lara Croft is one unlucky gal (ouch). And the Lara death scenes (game over scenes) are Mortal Kombat brutal with Lara falling off cliffs, being skewered on spikes, head snapped by wolf's jaw, axed, stabbed, and all manners of death.
I think this game is best played alone with the lights off. It gives off a sense of horror that leaves you on the edge of your seat going "What the fuck!" again and again. Definitely a must buy.
No comments:
Post a Comment