We went property hunting with my wife yesterday after work. We went to three lots to see if we like it.
I was expecting to deal with one or two persons but the group that showed us around consisted of seven people. I don't know if it's just me but when people starts the sales talk or I've come to realize that they are selling something, my defense goes up, part of my brain refuses to believe anything that comes out of the seller's mouth, but it was fun and I actually have part of my defenses down.
The first lot for sale is actually a lot and house. They're selling the house as well. The lot itself is big, near 400 square meters. There's three problem; the lot's elongated and curves at the front, not symmetrical. being elongated means the house it elongated as well, which in turn means it will always be too close to the neighbors even if there's a property wall, and there's actually alot of neighbors. The house itself is not to my liking as well. The design is not well thought of, kind of like a Hydra monster after its head has been cut off too many times. Third problem is that the lot is at the end of a narrow road where it will be difficult to park a car.
The second property is more to my liking, 480 square meters of a wide farm land so you can bet the land is surrounded by agricultural plants. No neighbors, at least, none yet. Symmetrical and by the road, meaning the front will always be without obstruction. The lot iself is big enough to have a front and back yard. It's also nearer to the city than where we currently live. The only problem I have, and its a mere speculation at this time, is possible flooding but the flood dam near the river seems to have eliminated or significantly reduced that risk.
The last property, I did not even see, I did not even know how big or small it was, the selling price was way too high, almost 4x per square meter of the other lots we checked and it was around fifteen minutes away from the city (which can get longer when you consider progress.) But the area was great, it was clean and has the air of a well-maintained subdivision. The hut we stayed has a TV outside, no fence of any kind, which tells me that the people are great too if residents leaves their TV outside at night without worry.
I think the second lot is the best choice of the three. It's as close enough but not within the city proper, right now neighbors are non-existent but the area has room for possibilities. Property values near the city always goes up. So it's a prime location, with all the plans we hear for Laoag. It's by the road so we have easy access.
So I told my wife we should go for it. We have our fingers crossed.
[UPDATE] *Sigh* The seller dropped by my wife's workplace to show the land's title and Mae's boss's evaluation is that the title has problems. Enough problems for us to backout. Well, I guess the hunt continues.
[UPDATE] *Sigh* The seller dropped by my wife's workplace to show the land's title and Mae's boss's evaluation is that the title has problems. Enough problems for us to backout. Well, I guess the hunt continues.
No comments:
Post a Comment