Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Sony fanboyism at an end

My brother is a Sony Fanboy. I don't think he can deny that fact since he has two Sony TVs, a Sony home sound system, a Vaio laptop, a Sony camera, and a PS4 (I might have missed other gadgets)

Admittedly, I think I am too. I bought a Sony smart phone and a Bravia TV last year, I have a Playstation Vita and I'm saving up for a PS4.

My smart phone did not come with any games installed, something which I like. Multi-tasking devices are nice, but I see no point in having games on a phone when I have a Vita, and all mobile phone gaming has to offer are casual games, which I am tired of already. I like my smart phone, it has a no BS look.

I bought a TV in preparation for buying a PS4, other than that, I don't really watch network TV so it's not connected to an antenna or home cable. But it is being used daily.

I like things Sony makes, They are innovative (innovations are sometimes a hit or miss) although I am not happy how they are handling the Spider-man franchise. They are a company that likes to have a finger or two dipped in new technology. Like most company, there are sides to the business that they are handling not so well, mostly with the pricing of games (my opinion, if you read my older posts.)

So understandingly, I want my products in the future to be Sony as well. But sadly, Sony are closing off the smart phone and TV part of their business and will mainly focus on their constant high earner: Playstation.

According to the news, the smart phone and TV side of the company isn't making enough money enough to be profitable. They are opting to just close it off and focus on the Playstation.

As a gamer, my heart says "YAY!" but as an Xperia phone and Bravia TV owner, I somewhat breaks my heart to think that It might be the last Sony smart phone and TV I will ever own.

I understand why Sony is making this move. It's only right to cut losses when it's not making money. I'd do the same if it was me. It's just unfortunate that it happened when it did.

Can it still be called fanboyism if I only buy Playstation Stuff?

No comments:

Post a Comment