More that once did I consider deleting my Facebook account. Oftentimes a see no point in social networks. There was a time that I barely looked at my news feed, only focused on notifications as I was following updates from businesses I follow.
If it wasn't for this important updates I follow, I would have definitely deleted my accounts a long time ago. I tried some alternative sources for these wanted updates but some sources needs frequent updates themselves. Some uses FB as a primary and only means of distributing information, not to mention they are very easy to communicate with on FB.
I have one "friend" that most of the time, post like an average Joe, but wears his heartbreak on his sleeve, to the point that it's uncomfortably embarassing. I see no point in letting the world know that a woman broke your heart. Passive aggressive posts about your ideal love because some girl broke the "rules of love", don't these people have real friend they can talk to face to face about these things? Has the world gone mad that it is socially acceptable to air all your BS in public? Do they expect some invisible force to correct a wrong because you've subjected everyone to your constant whining?
There's also some who broadcast their sickness. Do the world need to know you're constipated, really?
I'm not against sharing because Blogs can be like that, I am merely stating that FB asking you what's on your mind that you should willynilly share everything. Misery, troubles, and advices should be face to face, personal. Positive things can be public, share it.
You can share your negative experiences from time to time, just don't make it a weekly or daily habit, it's not cute and it will not endear you to anyone, unless you want to be that pathetic asswipe that does not know the meaning of privacy and self control.
I am looking for other means to be updated from the pages I follow, One I have managed that, goodbye Facebook.
I am looking for other means to be updated from the pages I follow, One I have managed that, goodbye Facebook.
No comments:
Post a Comment