Today is Laoag City's Pamulinawen Festival. The Festival itself happens on February 10th but the celebrations and events are for the whole month. It celebrates the city's founding.
The name Pamulinawen comes from an Ilocano love song. If you're not from the Philippines, Ilocano is the primary language in the Ilocos region of the Philippines. On Googling this info, I learned that Wikipedia has an Ilocano version.. stuff you learn everyday huh.
I'm not a native of Laoag City myself so the best comparison I can give is it's like Christmas season here when February hits. Lots and lots of street vendors comes out, a parade, some beauty pageants here and there. There's the carnival near the main bridge. It's very much food galore left and right.
If you want to visit Laoag City, The best times are when it's around the Christmas holiday and February. Laoag City is a classic beauty, but it gets more beautiful around these times.
NEVER go here during summer if you are sensitive to heat because it gets very humid here. You think you've experienced humid weather because you're from Manila or came to Manila, but believe me. You've never experience Laoag city humidity. It's the only thing I truly hate about Living here in Laoag.
More about my life in Laoag City later..
No comments:
Post a Comment