Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Visiting my wife's grandma

My wife went to her Grandmother's house yesterday and I went there to pick her up once my work was done.

When I entered the house, My wife's grandma held my hand and guided me to the kitchen to feed me. En route, she said that I'm her favorite grandson-in-law because I was always respectful, she said that within earshot of my wife. As an introvert, the only response I could have mustered was a weak thank you, I was happy inside, of course. Mae jokingly calls me "my lola's (grandma's) favorite grandson-in-law" from time to time since then.

So there I was, eating quietly whilst grandma was telling my wife how her phone went missing after a few acquaintances came to visit her. Mae relayed the message to me as grandma told the story in Ilocano (I don't understand the local dialect). My reaction was a shrug, things like that happens, you can't really tell from visitors.

Then my wife explained to be that her grandma's said visitors were priests and "in-training" to be priests (I don't know what you call them.)

After mulling over the details for about ten seconds, my only reaction was a resounding "WOW!" to which my wife agreed..

again.. WOW, right? WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment